tilt turner electrical diagrams and ideas

gpop1

Songster
5 Years
May 2, 2015
Lots of people over the years have asked for diagrams for basic turners. As the tilt table design is the easiest to build I thought some of the geeks like me could come up with a cheap easy to build design that only uses parts that can be purchased.

this is a electrical diagram for a small tilt table where space is limited

this is some pictures of a proto-type

these are some pictures of a test run

excuse the tilt table it was for testing. link to the original post which lead to me testing this design
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1146880/any-advice-for-egg-turner-motor

this is a picture of a complicated tilt table that I built years ago and is still in use. It uses the same style motor as above but a very complicated control system that's not easy to copy (arduino). I posted this to show the trays that can be purchase to hold egg using a tilt table.

This is something ive been thinking of building just to test the theory. The actuator is a beast that can move 220lbs (40$) so its more for a large incubator with lots of trays. Its also not cheap at about $70 to build which is why it would be nice to proto-type for other people to copy

If anyone can spot a problem with the basic design I would be happy to correct it. Any thoughts?

Already spotted a problem where I didn't finish the line orange line between the micro switch and the relay.

Also forgot to note that the micro switch's need to be wired normally closed and the push buttons are normally open. Toggle switch is on/off/on being used to make a hand/off/auto switch

Last edited:
Some people have asked me about the speed of the servo so I will add a pwm dc speed control to the drawing (another 10 bucks) that will be able to adjust the speed from 1/2" a second to probably 1/8 or less.

I have been following your posts for a while. Learning a lot about Arduino, etc.. I was wondering if you ever tried to use the linear actuator in a build? I built a cabinet with one. From your diagram, you can eliminate the two micro switches, unless you need to stop the actuator before it's end or beginning stroke. Actuators have built in switches for stopping their travel. Thanks for your posts!

Now it's easy to find one set of timer and manual for actuator. 20190905_161507.jpg 20190905_161457.jpg 20190905_161409.jpg

Back
Top Bottom