Time For Another Hatch.. Due Nov 10th

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Hillschicks, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Hillschicks

Hillschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    Here we go again. In the spring we hatched our first batch. Only 7 as we have a Brinsea Mini Advance.. Which is perfect for our backyard flock of around 20.. Of those 7 we hatched, naturally 5 of them ended up being future roosters of america.. Couple in the freezer.. One beautiful Buff Brahma - EE mix rooster went to my father.

This time we will be adding some Welsummer to the mix.. Hopefully along with it some darker and perhaps spotty eggs in the future.. We dont intend to ever keep our own hatched roosters, they will always be eaten or gifted.. We figure sometime after this hatch a predetor will get our welsummer.. Thats what happens to any good rooster when you "pasture" your chickens.. When this happens we get a new rooster.. Next one will probably be a black copper marrans.. Hope this hatch goes as good as the last one.. 100% hatch rate.. A streak i would like to keep alive.. Will post pictures as soon as they hatch

2. Hillschicks

Hillschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

One of our other hatchers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by