Time Frustrations...

NixNoodleNumbat

Songster
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Australia
I started my new school today! It was all very exciting, but I have not much time now AT ALL.
Here is what I am doing all day, Monday-Friday:
7:00 Wake up and get ready for school
8:45 Leave home and walk to bus stop. Go to school
4:30 Get home, do homework
5:30 Write 500 words
6:30 Eat dinner
7:00 Meditation
7:30 Free time
8:30 Sleep

All of these things are necessary. As you can see, I won't be on BYC much, which sucks.
Is there any ways to save time when doing things? I doubt it.

Save weekends for doing fun stuff. Sometimes that is the only time you get, so definitely try to enjoy it. Overall, your day doesn't sound too bad!

I guess it's just different from what I'm used to. I haven't been at school for the last 6 weeks, and befor that my old school was really close and had hardly any homework.

I started my new school today! It was all very exciting, but I have not much time now AT ALL.
Here is what I am doing all day, Monday-Friday:
7:00 Wake up and get ready for school
8:45 Leave home and walk to bus stop. Go to school
4:30 Get home, do homework
5:30 Write 500 words
6:30 Eat dinner
7:00 Meditation
7:30 Free time
8:30 Sleep
All of these things are necessary. As you can see, I won't be on BYC much, which sucks.
Is there any ways to save time when doing things? I doubt it.

I see lots of time.. but then again, this all depends on how young you are! (which I don't want to know)

Some of the things you can do is get clothes ready for the next day so you aren't pondering what to wear in the morning. If your a girl, simplify your makeup, if you wear any, and your hair style - go with one you don't have to mess with alot.
Also have all your things gathered and ready for school so you're not scrambling looking for everything.
Get a system down for how fast and efficient you can get chores done.

My Monday - Friday day looks like this:

4:30 am wake up and take care of animals (4 mastiffs, 20 chickens, 30 rabbits) get myself ready for work.
5:30 leave for work
6:30 work (I eat breakfast at work cause I can't eat that early)
4:30 leave for home
5:30 home, let dogs out
6:00 fix dinner
6:30 eat dinner
7:00 take care of animals again
8:00 work on drawing (extra income) or spend time with DH, dogs or work on what ever project is current... laundry, dishes, finish the attic etc..close coop door..
10:00 let dogs out again
10:30 go to bed
11:00 wishing I could fall asleep
4:30 waking up (or trying too)!

And I don't even have kids, I don't know how people with children manage their time! I take my lunch hour at work to go for a health walk.

Last edited:
It is about time management and priorities. You might be able to get some more free time, but be a bit careful what you ask for. I don't see any chores on your list. :oops:

You probably don't want to hear this, but you are preparing for your future. I've known young adults to buy a severely rundown house really cheap and spend the next couple of years fixing it up. They went from having a fairly active social life with free time to absolutely no social life for those two years. I've known people to go back to college to get an advanced degree. Same thing about a social life. It disappeared for a while. One of these owned the sailboat we used to use to go bar-hopping on the lakefront, sometimes in the middle of the week. Before he went back to get his law degree, he had a very active social life with lots of spare time. Then absolutely nothing. He even sold his sailboat. But when he got his degree, he bought a bigger one. All these people held down a full time job while doing this.

I did not go to that extreme but my priorities changed as I went through different stages of life. When I was in college, I did not have any extra money. Instead of taking 12 hours that was considered a "normal" full time course load, I took 17 or 18 hours a quarter in Engineering and spent my spare time working a part time job in the school cafeteria, somewhere around 20 to 24 hours a week. Several of my friends, usually not the ones in Engineering, were taking 12 hours a quarter and had plenty of spare time. When I graduated, I owed zero in loans and my parents had not paid for my education. That period of my life was about priorities for me.

You are in a certain stage of life right now. I also don't want to know how young you are. If you've got the personality and the self-discipline, you can probably find ways to free up some time, but I don't see any things you listed that I'd change priorities on. It sounds like a solid list. Except for maybe chores.

Oops, darn. I had forgotten about chores. They usually take around 45 minutes, and that would use up some of my free time. On the frist day, when I posted this, I didn't have to do chores.
Ridgerunner, no at first I didn't want to hear that, but somehow you all have inspired me. I'm certainly not alone. I guess it's just one of those things that come with getting older.
SillyChicken, jeez. Sleeping for only 5 and a half hours must be hard. Good job!
I've just gotta get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom