1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Time to settle down

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ghull999, Mar 14, 2016.

1. ghull999

ghull999 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    Mt Pleasant PA
    Glad to have found this site. Joined a couple weeks ago, but just now getting a chance to post something. I will officially retire from the Army this summer after 25 years. The nice thing is that I will finally be in one place for longer than 2 years and can start breeding quail again. I raised Coturnix, Buttons, and some Bobwhites about 15 years ago when I was in the same location for 3 years or so. I had to sell everything when the Army transferred me to Germany. I'm retiring in Pennsylvania. I have some Coturnix and Mearns eggs in the incubator right now. Will see how it goes. Basically joined the site to learn more about the Mearns as I was never able to afford them before. I have 6 eggs out of 9 that have made it to day 24, with 1 pipping this evening. (paid $291 for the 9 eggs by the way) I will post pics under the quail forum if all goes well.

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thank you for all the years of service, how nice you now have the chance to settle down and get back into poultry!

I wish you well with your hatching. Thanks for joining us!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you sincerely for your time in service. I have never heard of "Mearns," but, I am sure someone else has. Wow, their eggs must be golden to cost so much. Sending good hatching vibes your way [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by