Tiny amount of blood in chick poop

Mbensonb

In the Brooder
May 18, 2022
Good morning,
I am supper new to raising chickens but have done a ton of likely unnecessary amount if research before we decided to jump in. We have 11 2 week old chicks how have been very lively and sweet from the get go.
Today when I went out to feed them and say good morning I noticed a very small amount of blood in one of their poops on the their warmer.
They are all acting totally normal very lively and eating and drinking. They are eating medicated crumbles and have water. They always have access to food and water but I refill both 2-3 times a day. They have a small access to a small amount of chick grit that has probiotic with it. They where on chick electrolytes in their water for the first week but have since transitioned to just plan clean water for the last week. I added some probiotic to the water this morning after noticing the blood. They don’t get treats other then I tossed a few mint leaves in this morning before I noticed the issue.
They are currently in a plastic kiddie pool with hardware cloth to extend the sides untill the coop is done and it’s a little warmer out. They have pine wood shavings as bedding. We had a cold snap last night but they are in my heated ADU with a warming plate and the temp didn’t drop below 85 last night.
First of all am I just a worry wort? Or is this something? Second any thoughts on what if anything I should do to help them out? We are very attached to them all already😍 thank you all as always

Attachments

• 11A64849-70EC-4767-AAB9-D2A97CB5FDAF.jpeg
    11A64849-70EC-4767-AAB9-D2A97CB5FDAF.jpeg
    490.7 KB · Views: 51
Looks like intestinal shedding, which is normal.

If it were Coccidiosis, it would be more red, & usually cover more of the poop then that tiny speck.
Coccidiosis would need to be treated with Corid in the water.

Coccidiosis often times causes Bloody diarrhea, depending on strain, it can just be bubbly diarrhea.

Back
Top Bottom