Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!!

yeah sounds like all these are mixed...let me ask this...if a silkie has five toes and light skin is it a mix or a pure..I'm sure its wrong anyhow.....like a silkie got with another silkie in that mix of birds... and what if it has black skin and five toes. And looks mostly right? I think these "silkies" will need to go into the bantam house and NOT into the silkie breeding program of Debs!
lau.gif
They are precious little puddin's every one! so it matters little ...we have a bantam thing and what on earth does one DO with a bantam...you have to eat 5 eggs...to get breakfast,and will I EVER wanna eat a possible bantam? ummmm no. Im gonna incubate everyone of em! chicken mathhhhh...
he.gif
Black skin 5 toes is usually silkie, but it sounds like these are probably all mixed, in which case, you'll most likely see traits of both. Fun!

Here's my only input, The first chick is absolutely a Serama mix. That head looks exactly like my little roo. But Wow! I love those furry legs on him, wish mine had furry legs. My little girl is almost 2 months now and still not much of a comb at all, so I think it's a he.

Chick A looks sort of like our Mille Fleur when it was a baby, except for the head....LOL. My guess is Mille and Serma mix.
Chick B looks just like our golden sebright when it was that size.
Chick C looks like a Sizzle....black skin and 5 toes.
There are pics on my profile page of our babies that look like your A and B.
Our little mille looks so different now, is about 10 weeks or so.
Our Sebright is different now too, but still same colors. Cuties!!

I know this post is older, but I have Faverolles that look just like the first pic. They have 5 toes and the breed is distint as male and female as chicks. Females are redish, like the one in pic, and males are blackish.

Hi, The other thing about bantams, they getting picked on by larger chickens. I had to buy a cage and keep her inside because the cold winters we have in Maine and the others would have killed her.

Vicky H.

Back
Top Bottom