Tiny crackhead- Cull or Tame

Hello!!
For the moment, he is still alive. Only because I don’t know anyone that can cull him.
My giant jersey roo got ahole of him because he chased me out of the run while attacking my leg! My Jersey is we not having his mama getting beat up by a punk. Since then he’s gotten a little calmer, but I really don’t want to breed him

Still open to rehoming him, he’s ok when he’s given his space.
I really hope you rehome him. Can you put him on Craigslist or your state thread or Facebook? Also what breed is he??? I am looking for a good bantam and he is really handsome

I really hope you rehome him. Can you put him on Craigslist or your state thread or Facebook? Also what breed is he??? I am looking for a good bantam and he is really handsome

Thank you, he is suuuuper gorgeous!!
The breeder I got him from says he’s a third generation satin, and he got the satins out of silkie and D’uccle! Despite his hatching defect he is doing really well on feed. He’s very protective of the ladies, I’m so happy I can go in there now without getting mauled though 🤣 I hope he continues to calm down.
I’ve done all the above- even got into the 4H community looking for someone that might want him for breeding, literally no one. :,/
My dad works at a farm store, got the word out there and no takers either. No hits on Craigslist. He’s my handsome ugly duckling.
His rehoming thread on Facebook has over 100 likes on it but everyone’s too far away! It’s a shame that I live in an area where people don’t love chickens as much!

No expert, and i didn’t fully read through it and im tired. But i would try to push him back in his place but i think its to late, sadly. Like way to late. But anything is worth a shot, right?

Let me tell you, boys are like muffins. When their baking, their all cute, and sweet. Their the perfectly cooked muffin, then, something happens, and they turn all burnt and angry. That something is hormones, though, of course, that doesn’t apply to muffins. Or i would hope not any i would be eating. Hormonal muffins sound less yummy to me.

Anyway, my point is, i have had the same thing, then boom, they get angry. Lesson is don’t get to attached to a rooster, because he might just become a mean ol grump. Not saying thats always the case, but you never know.

Wish the best for ol burnt muffin there, sorry to hear that he turned grouchy.

No expert, and i didn’t fully read through it and im tired. But i would try to push him back in his place but i think its to late, sadly. Like way to late. But anything is worth a shot, right?

Let me tell you, boys are like muffins. When their baking, their all cute, and sweet. Their the perfectly cooked muffin, then, something happens, and they turn all burnt and angry. That something is hormones, though, of course, that doesn’t apply to muffins. Or i would hope not any i would be eating. Hormonal muffins sound less yummy to me.

Anyway, my point is, i have had the same thing, then boom, they get angry. Lesson is don’t get to attached to a rooster, because he might just become a mean ol grump. Not saying thats always the case, but you never know.

Wish the best for ol burnt muffin there, sorry to hear that he turned grouchy.

My mature old rooster got ahold of him and put him quickly in place, and since then he hasn’t charged me.
I’m sure given enough time though he’ll revert back to a total jerk face. He is a very extra crispy well done burnt muffin. Not even a muffin at this point, just a hockey puck.

It sucks that it happens to the prittiest of the bunch. 😭 Good thing I have another gorgeous little roo thats about ready to take his place when he’s gone!

WELP I had the friendliest, cuddliest sweetest house rooster. Then hormones hit. Now I literally want to snap his neck. Unfortunately I’m a wussy and he’s a beautiful cockerel.
I’ll let you guys decide (encouragement)

View attachment 3184500

I’m not sure if it’s a thing he’ll grow out of. I had a Jersey Giant Roo that beat me hens and even went after me once—- and he grew out of it. Now Deebs is calm, sweet, and will let me pet him while he’s roosting.

Crackhead on the other hand… if my pullets get excited or simply walk past him he grabs, bites, and clamps down on them. They scream in terror- I’ve even picked him up and he never let go of the poor pullet. I don’t know if he’s trying to breed them but he’s too young to get it yet? He seems like he’s got some neuro issues anyways… idk what his intentions are there.
Yesterday he started to attack me too- tonight he got me really bad on the foot. I’m not sure if I should separate him and see if he grows out of it or just give him away to cull!
My mom loves him and wants him in the house- tried that, and he attacked my dog.
he’s in my bathroom right now.

He was such a sweet little baby… I can’t believe he’s such a demon now. I don’t know if I should rehome him either… I’d feel really bad if he doesn’t stop this behavior.
Aww, he’s such a pretty roo

Hope he gets better ❤️

My mature old rooster got ahold of him and put him quickly in place, and since then he hasn’t charged me.
I’m sure given enough time though he’ll revert back to a total jerk face. He is a very extra crispy well done burnt muffin. Not even a muffin at this point, just a hockey puck.

It sucks that it happens to the prittiest of the bunch. 😭 Good thing I have another gorgeous little roo thats about ready to take his place when he’s gone!
If the giant put him in his place, you can rest assure that he’ll do it again, he won’t let the idiot control his flock. You can charge on him as well.

tonight he got me really bad on the foot.
How did he manage that? You were of course wearing suitable shoes that cover your feet...
he chased me out of the run while attacking my leg!
he’s ok when he’s given his space.
Again if you are wearing appropriate clothing it won't matter if he attacks your leg.

If you are running away from a creature that size then perhaps roosters aren't for you.

If he's okay when he's given his space, then give him his space.

However, if you are trying to keep two males in a confined space you are likely to have problems, if not problems with you, then problems between the two males.

However, if you are trying to keep two males in a confined space you are likely to have problems, if not problems with you, then problems between the two males.
Well, I think it depends on the space they have and the amount of females in that space. It also depends on the leadership over there. My friend for example has three males on 30 females, and the males are gentle silkies, they females don’t even let them breed. And there are no fights between them, only between the females.
It’s three males btw.

If I wrote
Well, I think it depends on the space they have and the amount of females in that space. It also depends on the leadership over there. My friend for example has three males on 30 females, and the males are gentle silkies, they females don’t even let them breed. And there are no fights between them, only between the females.
It’s three males btw.
If I wrote all hens lay eggs someone is bound to say it's not true and cite their personal experience to back their pont up. They may we'll be right but the hens that don't lay eggs are exceptions, not the rule. The rule here is what I wrote, one is likely to have problems with more than one rooster in a contained group.

If I wrote

If I wrote all hens lay eggs someone is bound to say it's not true and cite their personal experience to back their pont up. They may we'll be right but the hens that don't lay eggs are exceptions, not the rule. The rule here is what I wrote, one is likely to have problems with more than one rooster in a contained group.
That’s absolutely not true, it depends on how much space and females there are. If each has eight females, and there’s enough space for both, they wouldn’t have a problem. When one is less dominant, there also aren’t many problems.
I do agree if they’re both dominant, they’re gonna fight.

Back
Top Bottom