Tiny dinos are the best creatures on the planet.

Clayisfood

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2021
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Second time chicken mom. This group just turned a year old.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 5.
(3) What breeds do you have?
I have one frizzle bantam who is a pathetic hot mess. He is a transgender hen. Two super layer Red Stars, one overweight compulsive eating Black Leghorn, and a Cochin mix who gets picked on so she’s my spoiled girl.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
All of it! If it wasn’t for my chickens I wouldn’t have made it through Covid year.
Well every thing except that they the older girls pick on my spoiled girl Myrtle. I can’t get them to integrate and that stresses me out.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Knitting, gardening, reading and Minecraft.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m a potter who makes functional monster pottery. I have kids and a husband. They love my chickens because if they don’t they need to look for a new home. 😆
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
All google queries about chickens lead to BYC. It’s an amazing resource and chicken hub. Thanks to everyone who is running it and all members for your humor and collective knowledge.

Attachments

• 624DB76C-2E16-4AAE-BE42-96F0F0D53BC8.jpeg
    624DB76C-2E16-4AAE-BE42-96F0F0D53BC8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • F83ABFD3-BB1E-4D48-B616-3F2C8EA1F720.jpeg
    F83ABFD3-BB1E-4D48-B616-3F2C8EA1F720.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Yes I hate when they refuse to get along, I guess it's a good excuse to spoil the one getting picked on. . :D I do that too. And if one is really a big bully, don't be afraid to send that one to jail for a while! Those big wire dog crates make great jail. It doesn't always do anything but it gives the lower ranking birds a break from the meanie. :D

Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom