Tipping point -- new member

I've seen those doors, I recommended it to a friend of mine. His coop is old and, imho, not at all secure. If the neighbor cat can get in, it's porous. No way I could afford one! I'm hoping to have running water by next winter--am pouring all my money into the coop/run right now.
Why aren't your bantys and standards in the same coop? Acquired at different times? Mine are all thrown into the same mix but I'm also starting over from scratch.
I'm sorry to hear about your large dog. I don't even want to think what I'll do when Bud leaves me. Quail. Hawks. I read the other day that a scarecrow actually attracts crows and they drive off hawks. My daughter and I witnessed that little miracle of nature overhead yesterday afternoon except it was crow's cousin, raven. Pretty effective.
I plan to only let them out to free range later in the day so their time is cut down to a few hours. I must have every predator known to chicken out here! Bud is great at alerting.
Have you considered getting another dog personality in your midst? I'm older and doubt seriously I would, at least not a big one. He's down from 90 to 75lbs, but still too much to handle sometimes. That said, even a small dog would alert.
The weather is supposed to warm up soon and I'm going to put them in a temp enclosure as secure as possible and pray real hard that nothing finds them. I never lost a one out here in a temp enclosure, just when I've tried to do "proper" housing, lol!

G'Day 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom