tips for farm innovators model 4200

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ebeppe1788, Feb 26, 2016.

1. newwestchick

newwestchick Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm on my first batch with one, and the temps have held steady through the last 17 days. Lockdown tomorrow, I've been running it dry (in a humid climate) with good air cell development so far with 23 eggs developing on schedule. Going to add some water tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed until I see hatching!

Advice so far - put some electrical tape or something over the built in gauge as it is totally off (4 degrees low reading in my unit) and rely on your secondary thermometers. Run it dry until you need to add water, I had a drop of moisture fail to evaporate for over 4 days in there! Run it for 3-4 days after setting up new thermometers and before setting eggs, extremely small adjustments to the knob make huge temp fluctuations, so keep an eye on it until it's totally steady for a few days with both plugs out at 95.5.

I'll be posting my resultant hatch at Amy's hands on hatching thread if you want more updates :)

Best wishes!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  2. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Nooooooo You weren't supposed to say that!!! I have an egg here with your name on it-----was gonna name it after you and everything!!!

I didn't have him...someone else had hatched him out against overwhelming odds and I just had the honor of naming him. I think she finally lost him. I've been haunting hatching sites like mad...I'm sure yours will be one of them. [​IMG] By golly, I will MAKE this hatch work if I have to incubate them in a Mama Heating Pad cave!! With so many great eggs and duplicates, maybe I'll put some in one and some in the other just to cover my bases.....

[​IMG]

3. newwestchick

newwestchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Gorgeous eggs Blooie!

4. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    That's right. It's coming back to me. I remember them sharing pics, I thought he made it though. [​IMG]

5. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Ahhh, an encouraging word!! I'll take it, and thanks!

6. Blooie

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    He did, but I think she lost him to something else later on.....got an old brain here but that's what I'm thinking...

7. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    [​IMG] Good luck!!!!

You're old brain is working better than my old brain!!! LOL

8. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

Agreed

Then again plenty folks hatch from the LG'S too.

9. LocalYokel

Good advice here.

10. LocalYokel

Oh me oh my oh those are gorgeous! You will do fine Blooie!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by