Tips for using an LG 9200

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Livinwright Farm, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Livinwright Farm

Livinwright Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Carroll County
    If you want a better hatch rate, and have the time required available, LGs are great little incubators!
    1) Do a dry hatch- Don't put any water in it at all until the last week, then fill the ring and two side channels as full as they can possibly get!
    2) Do NOT get the fan kit or egg turner- the motors for either or both of them will cause your temp to fluctuate a bunch, they aren't worth the hassel. Trust me.
    3) The temp you want to aim for is between 101-102 F if it gently fluctuates between these two temps that is okay, it will happen(espescially if you live up north)

2. Smurfy

Smurfy Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    What about the red stoppers on the top? I have only hatched ducks and geese and left 1 out until last few days when both were removed. I will hopefully be attemptin chickens in the very near future.

3. Livinwright Farm

Livinwright Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Carroll County
    I have 1 removed for the first 2 weeks, then I put it back in for lockdown on Day 18. Once there is a pip I remove the one again, and I only remove the second one once there are at least 3 chicks hatched out in the bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by