Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Beautiful eggs! :love

I wish I could keep a rooster, but it would cause trouble for all of my neighbors. Someone down the block likes to call code enforcement on a regular basis, and she reports everyone each time, even though the claims are false.

:rolleyes:Last year she claimed that a rooster was keeping her up at night. My immediate neighbors said they never heard him unless they were already awake and outside. So, my beautiful FBCM, Murph, went to auction.

I just sold my little frizzle OE cockerel on Friday, only ~12 to go, lol!

The rooster thing is a real struggle. I want to keep them all :/ but they crow constantly and pick on the hens. Wish they would all just get along!

This auction thing I keep hearing about, is this something in specific areas?

The rooster thing is a real struggle. I want to keep them all :/ but they crow constantly and pick on the hens. Wish they would all just get along!

This auction thing I keep hearing about, is this something in specific areas?
There is a local livestock auction every Saturday about 16 miles west of me.
I took him there and transferred him to one of their cages, left them a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and they mailed me my payment, minus their cut.
I don't know if they are operating now. It is an outside auction, so maybe they are.

Thanks. I will have to see if those go on around here. Sounds like a great way to rehome some roos. I posted mine on craigslist for free. Tried to sell them, but no one was interested. Pretty much all of them ended up in someone’s stew pot.
I moved another rooster last year by posting in a local chicken group on Facebook.
The frizzle OE I sold Friday went to someone on BYC that posted in the FL thread.
I haven't tried posting a notice on the community board at the feed store yet, but that is another option.

Back
Top Bottom