Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Pics

ShannonsChimkens

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Jan 4, 2020
Arlington Washington
Emu eggs have arrived and go into the incubator tonight or tomorrow morning. This puts hatch around March 21st.

4 eggs shipped, 2 didn’t survive shipping.
Also naming the eggs this time.

Egg #1 is Fizzgig 645 grams
Egg #2 is Chamberlain 662 grams

:fl This will be happening the entire time.

Last edited:
Just set 10 Cream Legbar eggs in one of my incubators on behalf of a family member (you know...since I’m the only one that knows how to work them).

They’re due on the 22nd of March!
First pip on my Cream legbars :wee
1F514A5E-078C-4B43-9A17-A3F619CDB6F0.jpeg

87945038_224070125436201_4173901204536950784_n.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality phone snap but just too excited to announce I have my first chick! This one appears to be one of the Silver Laced Black Wyandotte! Breeder didn't mark eggs so not sure how many of the black or how many of the buff laced I received and therefore no idea which ones made it into lock down. None of the other three eggs have pipped as of yet but this little one came early so I'm trying to be patient!

It’s been a busy few weeks. Only one of the bbs English Orpington eggs developed. The air cell was saddled, and there was a lot of liquid swishing around that we could see when candling. I sat the egg up in a carton at lockdown. Honestly, I had written it off. I never expected it to actually hatch.

Fast forward to day 21... I split time between MA and NH. As I was getting ready to Leave NH to head back to MA, I remembered the egg, and that it was day 21. Glanced at it, didn’t see a pip. Took it out of the incubator planning to candle it, expecting it to be dis. Of course that’s when I notice the pip on the lower backside of the egg. :barnie I tossed it back into the incubator and added water, hoping that I didn’tshrink wrap it. Unplugged the incubator, put it in the car. I plugged it into a power converter for the ride home. As I drove down our road I was reminded just how terrible it is. (Dirt road, rutted from recent rain/snow melt) Anyway, it is a 2 hour drive home to MA from there.

Unbelievably, that silly egg just hatched! The chick appears to be healthy, and noisy! Hoping to integrate him into a small group of 3 week olds in a few days, so he won’t be lonely. Here is the little toughie...

FE93A8AF-DB15-490C-9BEF-B252B9F355D5.jpeg

54A0BB12-1114-41FB-AA2D-32FC613DFE14.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom