Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

Not sure just how long the temperature was down but went as low as 98.3 F. I've been in lock down for a day now. Have got the temperature going back up slowly this past hour and it's at 98.8 F right now. Opened for a second and moved my back up thermometer/hygrometer to make sure it was not in a 'cold spot' but didn't note any change with new position. Been raising the temps by upping the setting on the incubator to 100 F from the 99.5 it had been set at for the whole time. Educate me please!

No drop in ambient temperature of the house. Only change to incubator was adding more water to bump humidity up to 45-50%and that water was at room temperature. No power losses. Was already going to be a disappointing first experience due to poor shipped eggs but tell me I am not now looking at another sign that nothing will be hatching :hit :hit

Not sure just how long the temperature was down but went as low as 98.3 F. I've been in lock down for a day now. Have got the temperature going back up slowly this past hour and it's at 98.8 F right now. Opened for a second and moved my back up thermometer/hygrometer to make sure it was not in a 'cold spot' but didn't note any change with new position. Been raising the temps by upping the setting on the incubator to 100 F from the 99.5 it had been set at for the whole time. Educate me please!

No drop in ambient temperature of the house. Only change to incubator was adding more water to bump humidity up to 45-50%and that water was at room temperature. No power losses. Was already going to be a disappointing first experience due to poor shipped eggs but tell me I am not now looking at another sign that nothing will be hatching :hit :hit
I have noticed in mine the temp does lower when the humidity rises.. that was probably it. They should be just fine. Temp a degree low for a little while won’t hurt them at that stage...

Resting after the hard work!
40981F32-3C61-4018-9EE6-FFF78136E750.jpeg

Has anyone used the Rcom Max 50 incubator? Was just looking at Brinsea and these popped up. Pretty penny, but looks to be able to hold temps a bit better than a styrofoam bator. Getting a better incubator next week. Currently have a chinabator, works great but doesn’t hold temp well, and a little giant. Not too fond of the still airs anymore :/ maybe will keep for hatching.

Being sick on a Sunday, confined to the bedroom is a really bad thing! Currently screen shopping and see SO many hatching eggs I need to purchase, incubators, heating brooder plates, brooder box accessories... Ermahgerd.

Has anyone used the Rcom Max 50 incubator? Was just looking at Brinsea and these popped up. Pretty penny, but looks to be able to hold temps a bit better than a styrofoam bator. Getting a better incubator next week. Currently have a chinabator, works great but doesn’t hold temp well, and a little giant. Not too fond of the still airs anymore :/ maybe will keep for hatching.

Being sick on a Sunday, confined to the bedroom is a really bad thing! Currently screen shopping and see SO many hatching eggs I need to purchase, incubators, heating brooder plates, brooder box accessories... Ermahgerd.
I'm going to start on my incubator build I'm going to ask my husband to carry the mini fridge to the deck so I can work on it.

I'm going to start on my incubator build I'm going to ask my husband to carry the mini fridge to the deck so I can work on it.

Curious how it goes, as this option would be cheaper. Or so I think.

Borotto is another Ive seen, they are a pretty penny too. But if I want to hatch emu eggs and never have to hand turn, I’ll need a Brinsea cabinet. I don’t have any engineering capabilities, so building a turner in a mini fridge seems impossible to me and my brain.

Back
Top Bottom