Tis Time for a March 2020 Hatch-a-long!

The black is the chick (middle right near the veins) See the veins? You'll see it growing more and more every time you candle. Movement is a key indicator that the chick is still alive. Sometimes you might not see a chick moving because they like to sleep a lot, so mark those eggs somehow... I usually put a question mark on the egg and then I will check them again two or three days later.
Yes, I had an egg on Day 10 that I thought was a quitter, but I checked it again yesterday and saw movement! Glad I didn't pull it right away 😬

I mark mine with some mark them recheck because I would throw away a lot of good chicks if I decided on day 7
Yeah I have two that I'm questioning. One is the above one I mentioned. I saw movement in there but it was weaker than the other eggs and it just seems kinda...mooshy in there? But the movement was definitely not from me, so something is alive in there. We'll see. The other is a Marans egg so it's hard to see through in the first place, but I haven't seen any movement in it yet (D14 here!) but there is a shadow in there. 🤷‍♀️ if I don't see any change in this egg I'll prolly pull it right before lock down.

Going to weigh and candle them all tonight. Air cells look a tad small to me so I've been keeping the humidity low in the mid 20s. I'll probably bump it up to 30 for lock down since if I did nothing it would dip to around 15% which seems very dry 😬

Yeah I have two that I'm questioning. One is the above one I mentioned. I saw movement in there but it was weaker than the other eggs and it just seems kinda...mooshy in there? But the movement was definitely not from me, so something is alive in there. We'll see. The other is a Marans egg so it's hard to see through in the first place, but I haven't seen any movement in it yet (D14 here!) but there is a shadow in there. 🤷‍♀️ if I don't see any change in this egg I'll prolly pull it right before lock down.

Going to weigh and candle them all tonight. Air cells look a tad small to me so I've been keeping the humidity low in the mid 20s. I'll probably bump it up to 30 for lock down since if I did nothing it would dip to around 15% which seems very dry 😬
Mine I think is at 20% today. I added more polish eggs 😂 someone please tell me to stop... I know no one will in this thread, you'd just encourage it 😝

Mine I think is at 20% today. I added more polish eggs 😂 someone please tell me to stop... I know no one will in this thread, you'd just encourage it 😝
I'm sitting here contemplating how much trouble I'd get in if I just popped into TSC just to "see" if their chicks are in yet...I am definitely not the person to go to for poultry discipline 🤣🤣

The one that pipped this morning made the hole a bit larger.
4686BFEB-96F9-4FDA-AEB1-2896A519FB04.jpeg

Around noon another one pipped, but he/she is resting a bit I guess.
The other five have yet to show signs of life but day 21 started at noon, so I promised myself not to panic until at least tomorrow afternoon. :fl

Back
Top Bottom