Yet Another Another Hatch-a-long February 2024

Pics

DovesFlock

Songster
Aug 31, 2023
I am back with ANOTHER hatchalong!!

This time we have 28 eggs!!

Because I put them in kind of later in the afternoon, due to getting the humidity right, if I get at least 2 or more than that I’ll put them in the inc as well.

Here’s how it’ll work:

- I will give the numbers that’s on each egg.

- I will give the layer of the egg’s name or breed (depending on if I know the exact chicken to lay)

- I will give possible father(s) if they can be identified. (I have/had a couple different roosters.)

- I will add a comment with pictures of all viable candidates for eggs(mothers and fathers) so you can see what the

- I will add a picture of the incubator for reference. (Incase you’re curious)

- I will update everytime there is something to update.

- If your number hatches, you get to name it! If your number doesn’t make it, no worries if there is still some left you may pick another one!

Incubator info
|
\/

Incubator!

IMG_4132.jpeg

The Incubator is a slightly used model 4250 pro series. It can hold a total of 41 eggs. It can incubate more than just chicken eggs but for this hatch we only have chicken eggs.

It does have an automatic egg turner that should turn 1 every 3-4 hours (a good 6 cycles).

If you have any more questions about it, don’t hesitate to ask!

The possible dads!

I won’t list them in any order! They’ve all been a bit of a menace to the ladies so who knows who’s babies they are lol!
IMG_4143.jpeg

Russel Crow. RIR.
IMG_4140.jpeg

Roscoe. Rose combed barred.
IMG_4139.jpeg

Jerry. RIR
IMG_4141.jpeg

Larry. Barred
IMG_4142.jpeg

MeepMeep barred.

These are all my possible males for breeding! Below I’ll put the females and then the eggs and we can get started! Given that it’s such a huge batch and me and a few friends are going to pick one or two to root for. I’ll let you know which ones when the numbers are out!

Attachments

• IMG_4142.jpeg
    IMG_4142.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
the mommas!

We have a lot and I’m not sure who all has been laying what so here’s all of them!
IMG_1713.jpeg

Comets (they’re all similar looking so they’re all just put as one lol.)
IMG_1716.jpeg

Cookie. chocolate orp
IMG_1700.jpeg

Henrietta. Black sex link.
IMG_1722.jpeg

Lavenders. (Again. So similar. Though 1 egg laid by one named Lavern has her name on it cause it’s the first one I saw any of them lay.)
IMG_4093.jpeg

Arcus. Blue rock
IMG_1709.jpeg

Dot. Cuckoo maran
IMG_1717.jpeg

Baby and beauty. Australorp. also similar.

That’s all the possible moms. If I saw who laid it can possibly tell I put their name in the egg.

Eggs below!

Egg list!

We have a total of 29 eggs

Every time I get and egg today I’ll add it to the batch. But only for today. I’ll update number. But once the day is up the number(s) are final!

Any number bold is taken.

11 Arcus, 12, 13, 14 comet, 16, 17 Arcus, 18 Baby, 19 comet, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 24 comet, 26 Arcus, 27, 28, 29, 30 comet, 31, 32, 33, 34 comet, 35, 36 Lavern, 37 comet, 38 comet, 39 Arcus

Possible colors are Barred/Cuckoo, Black, Red/Comet, or Blue.

You can just watch if you’d like but you have to pick a number to participate.
It’s optional but you can pick what color you think it might be too!

IMG_4146.jpeg

IMG_4147.jpeg

IMG_4148.jpeg

Again I put them in a little late so we will call today day two but it may be day one. That’ll be ok!

I will update you on all the eggs everytime I have something to update!
On day 7 I’ll let you know which are fertilized. I’ll let them all stay till about day 8-9 and if I don’t see progress those will be out!

Egg list!

We have a total of 29 eggs

Every time I get and egg today I’ll add it to the batch. But only for today. I’ll update number. But once the day is up the number(s) are final!

Any number bold is taken.

11 Arcus, 12, 13, 14 comet, 16, 17 Arcus, 18 Baby, 19 comet, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 24 comet, 26 Arcus, 27, 28, 29, 30 comet, 31, 32, 33, 34 comet, 35, 36 Lavern, 37 comet, 38 comet, 39 Arcus

Possible colors are Barred/Cuckoo, Black, Red/Comet, or Blue.

You can just watch if you’d like but you have to pick a number to participate.
It’s optional but you can pick what color you think it might be too!

View attachment 3746272
View attachment 3746273
View attachment 3746274
Again I put them in a little late so we will call today day two but it may be day one. That’ll be ok!

I will update you on all the eggs everytime I have something to update!
On day 7 I’ll let you know which are fertilized. I’ll let them all stay till about day 8-9 and if I don’t see progress those will be out!
I'd love to root for another Arcus egg! #11 please.

Things got a bit busy here but no worries!! We are on day 9 and have 29 eggs total!
Funny enough yesterday I got 8 eggs!!! But it was already day 3 so I couldn’t put them in there.

I will be checking them all on day 7 for feathers crossed!!

Back
Top Bottom