Yet Another Hatch-a-long (December 2023)

**UPDATE**

As of 4:20 this morning we have another hatch. 31!!
Guess someone’s an early bird (sorry for the pun lol)

Also grey (as I’m sure they all probably will be) I’ll post a pic when the sun comes up.

Girlshunttoo I hope you have a named picked! (If not no worries you got some time)
We now have two babies and hopefully later on today 32 will hatch too. I’ll give it until Friday (or day 26) till I check one final time and confirm if it’ll hatch or not.

Well I saw the new baby today and I it was dark when I first saw it hatch. But it’s not grey!! It’s ..well I have no clue but it’s really pretty!!
IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3716.jpeg

As I keep looking at her it seems that 31 MIGHT be our welsummer’s egg. They both lay the same colored eggs and around the same size. Plus it’s the only way I can plausibly see why the color combo/markings.

Mommas name is Kanga and she ran off a while ago to go back to her original flock (our neighbors down the road) which is ok. It’s what she prefers and knows.

So this (unless 32 hatches the same color too) is the only one of her babies. Pretty cool.

Your baby has hatched if you wish to name them!
Any gender neutral
Or girl (and boy incase it’s a boy) names work. We’re hoping for girls so we call them all girls until we know if they’re not lol.
:celebrate:jumpy Yeah chickie! :celebrate:jumpy
Hopefully your a girl! Got any pictures? :pop😍
Do you like Lily for a girl and .... Jack for a boy! 💙

:celebrate:jumpy Yeah chickie! :celebrate:jumpy
Hopefully your a girl! Got any pictures? :pop😍
Do you like Lily for a girl and .... Jack for a boy! 💙
Oh I love those names but We have a Lilly! could we try another one?
(Don’t worry Lilly Laverne and Shirley are the only normal named chickens so any other name works lol)

Also here’s her all fluffed up
IMG_3733.jpeg

*Update*

Sadly for 32 it seemed to possibly stop hatching around day 20
seeing as it’s yummy was almost done absorbing the yolk but not quite.

However we got two to hatch. And out of only 3 fertile I’m very happy with the outcome.

Once it warms up and I start to get eggs again I’ll start collecting and incubating again (and have yet another ANOTHER hatch along!!) so stay tuned!

*Update*

Sadly for 32 it seemed to possibly stop hatching around day 20
seeing as it’s yummy was almost done absorbing the yolk but not quite.

However we got two to hatch. And out of only 3 fertile I’m very happy with the outcome.

Once it warms up and I start to get eggs again I’ll start collecting and incubating again (and have yet another ANOTHER hatch along!!) so stay tuned!
Sorry about 32!
31 and Cirrus are both beautiful chicks! 🥰

Looking forward to the next hatch-a-long! 😁

Back
Top Bottom