January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

Alright, here’s some photos of everyone, plus a video at the end! :p

I don’t have a ton of pictures this week, as I had a new friend join the farm (see the video below ;) ). However, you can see the Little 5 are really starting to get their adult plumage! It looks like, out of all 10, we have 4 with dark plumage, 4 with light plumage, and 2 with Buff plumage - a very cool variety!

IMG_3776.jpeg

IMG_3778.jpeg

IMG_3851.jpeg

IMG_3864.jpeg

IMG_3873.jpeg

IMG_3901.jpeg

IMG_3905.jpeg

And here’s the video I edited for y’all!

I don’t have a ton of pictures this week, as I had a new friend join the farm (see the video below ;) ). However, you can see the Little 5 are really starting to get their adult plumage! It looks like, out of all 10, we have 4 with dark plumage, 4 with light plumage, and 2 with Buff plumage - a very cool variety!

View attachment 3773870
View attachment 3773853
View attachment 3773856
View attachment 3773858
View attachment 3773857
View attachment 3773859
View attachment 3773861

So cute! Congrats on the alpaca kid!

All your babies are so sweet, especially the 4-legged one at the end 🥰 The big 5 look almost as big as mom and dad!
Now I require ducks AND an alpaca!
Right? I think I’ve decided on naming her Spice!
They are pretty much the same size now, yeah, although the adults are a bit chunkier 🤣
Alpacas are pickier than ducks - you’d need at least 3!!

So cute! Congrats on the alpaca kid!
Thank you! I’m expecting a few more in the coming weeks / months :)

View attachment 3773870
View attachment 3773853
View attachment 3773856
View attachment 3773858
View attachment 3773857
View attachment 3773859
View attachment 3773861

Oh My Goodness!!!! I loved it!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I loved the baby, it is sooooooo cute. Is it a Lama or an Emu. I think that is what they are called. Momma and baby are absolutely precious!!! Did Coconut turn out to be a drake for sure? Probably so but I just had to ask. lol

View attachment 3773870
View attachment 3773853
View attachment 3773856
View attachment 3773858
View attachment 3773857
View attachment 3773859
View attachment 3773861

😍 They've gotten so big!
The alpaca baby is adorable! :love

Oh My Goodness!!!! I loved it!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. I loved the baby, it is sooooooo cute. Is it a Lama or an Emu. I think that is what they are called. Momma and baby are absolutely precious!!! Did Coconut turn out to be a drake for sure? Probably so but I just had to ask. lol
Of course! They are alpacas :) Llamas are very similar, but an emu is a bird, so not sure what you mean haha

I would say “yes” about Coconut being a drake, and I still think so, but the boy has been peep-honking all day 🤣 No actual quacking, still whistles, but also peep-honking, for some reason..

So sorry, I meant to say Alpaca, I had worked in the yard all day and was exhausted when I wrote that. An Emu is a bird like an Ostrich only a bit smaller, silly me, lol.

I think it’s been long enough 😂 Here’s some more videos of the ducks from the past 2 weeks.

I’m very happy to see all the ducks and ducklings are getting along! They’re all one big, happy flock now ☺️ I still want to try getting a photo shoot of the Little 5, but it may be a little difficult now with everyone else running around. I’ll post whatever pictures I can get in a few days.

Also, for Murphy, unfortunately Coffee has developed “angel wing” (wing growing in wrong). I’m not exactly sure why, perhaps it’s poor genetics? Anyway, I’ve started treatment for it, and his wing is already looking much better! :) I think he’ll be all good to go within a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom