January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

I did a “photo shoot” earlier this morning with the Big 5 ☺️ My adults stopped by as well towards the end. I’ll be taking photos like this of the Little 5 in a few weeks once they’re a bit older and have more of their adult plumage.

Laffy
View attachment 3766006

Laffy and Peach
View attachment 3766005

Peach @TwoCrows
View attachment 3766007
View attachment 3766008

Prickly @ElfenLied89 + @Nero70002
View attachment 3766010
View attachment 3766011

Banana
@Debbie292d
View attachment 3766021
View attachment 3766022

Guava
@fluffycrow
View attachment 3766024
View attachment 3766025
View attachment 3766026

Guava
and Prickly
View attachment 3766027

My Adults
View attachment 3766028
View attachment 3766029

:wee
I absolutely love those shots of their beautiful wing spans. You are a great photographer my friend. You take awesome photos!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Are any of them quacking loudly yet???? I surely hope so. Sorry, I just saw the 7 girls and 3 boys post. I figured mine would be a boy as that is about all I can get to hatch out here, lol.

I did a “photo shoot” earlier this morning with the Big 5 ☺️ My adults stopped by as well towards the end. I’ll be taking photos like this of the Little 5 in a few weeks once they’re a bit older and have more of their adult plumage.

Laffy
View attachment 3766006

Laffy and Peach
View attachment 3766005

Peach @TwoCrows
View attachment 3766007
View attachment 3766008

View attachment 3766010
View attachment 3766011

Banana
@Debbie292d
View attachment 3766021
View attachment 3766022

Guava
@fluffycrow
View attachment 3766024
View attachment 3766025
View attachment 3766026

Guava
and Prickly
View attachment 3766027

My Adults
View attachment 3766028
View attachment 3766029

I just love Laffy's color, she's gorgeous! 😍

That’s not too bad! How many of the babies do you think you’ll keep ( besides Laffy Taffy)?
Uhm, 8 of them :oops:🤣 Unfortunately, I think I’ll be rehoming Coconut and Coffee, leaving me with 9 girls and 2 boys - very nice ratio. I’ll make sure they both go to good homes.
I absolutely love those shots of their beautiful wing spans. You are a great photographer my friend. You take awesome photos!!!! Thanks so much for sharing. Are any of them quacking loudly yet???? I surely hope so. Sorry, I just saw the 7 girls and 3 boys post. I figured mine would be a boy as that is about all I can get to hatch out here, lol.
Thank you so much! :hugs
All 4 of the girls in the Big 5 have been quacking extremely loud haha, they’re almost exclusively quacking now. Lemon has done a couple loud quacks, and the other 2 are still just peep-honking. I should get a video of them quacking for y’all!

Uhm, 8 of them :oops:🤣 Unfortunately, I think I’ll be rehoming Coconut and Coffee, leaving me with 9 girls and 2 boys - very nice ratio. I’ll make sure they both go to good homes.

All 4 of the girls in the Big 5 have been quacking extremely loud haha, they’re almost exclusively quacking now. Lemon has done a couple loud quacks, and the other 2 are still just peep-honking. I should get a video of them quacking for y’all!
Oh I wish I could come take the boys home, but I’m sure you’ll find someone for your handsome boys 🥰

Does this mean Guava will get to enjoy that beautiful pond of yours each day :love ?

You can ship Coconut to Ohio, I promise to give him a good home. lol I knew he would be a boy. Glad you are going to find someone to take him. I can never find anyone to want my drakes.

Laffy
View attachment 3766006

Laffy and Peach
View attachment 3766005

Peach @TwoCrows
View attachment 3766007
View attachment 3766008

View attachment 3766010
View attachment 3766011

Banana
@Debbie292d
View attachment 3766021
View attachment 3766022

Guava
@fluffycrow
View attachment 3766024
View attachment 3766025
View attachment 3766026

Guava
and Prickly
View attachment 3766027

My Adults
View attachment 3766028
View attachment 3766029

Oh look! Banana took after me! He's trying to do a Zumba move! 💃:bun

They are all so adorable Kathi!! 💕

Does this mean Guava will get to enjoy that beautiful pond of yours each day :love ?
Yes he will! :D Lucky ducky.
You can ship Coconut to Ohio, I promise to give him a good home. lol I knew he would be a boy. Glad you are going to find someone to take him. I can never find anyone to want my drakes.
I would if I could! I was originally going to give the boys to one of my neighbors, but he has chickens, and doesn’t want to build a separate area for the ducks, so.. a different home it is! :rolleyes: Thankfully, I was able to re-home 5 drakes from my first batch of ducklings, so I imagine finding a home for 2 will be much easier :)
Oh look! Banana took after me! He's trying to do a Zumba move! 💃:bun

They are all so adorable Kathi!! 💕
🤣 I love that photo! She’s so graceful.

Back
Top Bottom