Tita

teresitadesoto

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 20, 2014
I have lost 3 hens and i believe is Marek disease. I called the store and found out that they did not vaccinate their bird.
Can I vaccinate an old chicken with Marek vaccination ?(They are 17 and 13 weeks) and also which others vaccination I should get for my birds??

Note: I am new on raise chickens

Please advice

Thank you

Welcome to BYC. I'm sorry that you have lost chickens. What symptoms did your hens have exactly? If it was Mareks, it would do no good to vaccinate them now for Mareks. Mareks is the only one I vaccinate for in a day old chick.

Sorry I do not get back to you sooner.

All 3 chickens had the same symptoms. Paralysis in the legs which kept them from walking or standing, unable to seat without falling to the side, and then they would all died within three weeks.
So when "miracle" ( my chicken) got sick we though we might have to put down the whole flocks, but I decided to try Homeopathic medications first.
We start giving her the medication after she had already been sick for 2 weeks. At first we did not think she would even make it the next few days, but she started to show improvements after 3 or 4 days of receiving the medication three times a day and then we backed it down to twice a day.
At present she starting to seat and stand a little bet on her own right now. It's our hope she will pull through this soon? We will keep you up to date on her statues?

Below is a list of how we are medicating her now for the condition?

Twice a day, Once in the morning, and once in the afternoon.

For the Paralysis:

1- 1 TBSP of distilled water and two or three drop of causticum 12x ( liquid), two tables of hypericum per 30x. And a little bet of infant's probiotic ( flora).
2- electrolysis with vitamin.

For the in Tumor:

1- I give her calc flour 6x and calc carb 30c ( two tables of each )

For the Sciatic nerve:

1- kali phos 6x

Now the most important part you will need to have patients. Because she can not stand up or walk you will need to feed and water her everyday. It require a lot of patient. Hope this helps?

Back
Top Bottom