To all that was in discussion with @#@$%!# Pit bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow did this fill up fast. There were only 2 posts when I was writing my last post.

Edbama great idea to name a chicken pittbull. I've been trying to come up with a name for a hen who, at 8 weeks, seems to be becoming a rooster. I can't figure it out.
barnie.gif

Quote:
I'm not sure that is true...I would like to see the information that says that. Different breeds of dogs have different genetic predispositions for a variety of items...personalities, appetite, fecundity, health problems, etc. The reason that certain breeds of dogs have been selected as guard dogs or fighting dogs is because they have a genetic predisposition to perform those actions. However, the way the animals are raised also effects the animals personalities. It's Nature and Nurture...

Wrblessd1s- I can can agree with you that those can mean little buggers to!! I think they wish they were pitts, or rotties, or sheppherds. Not litlle itty bitty ankle bitters.
tongue.png
lol.png

Quote:
I'm sorry you got bit...they can be vicious little dogs. However, just think if that Jack Russell had been a Pit Bull instead...
sad.png

THAT WONT HAPPEN MY MOM'S TO SCARED TO OWN A PITBULL;)

Last edited:
Here is the dog trainers 10 cents.

I have been training dogs for twenty years, nice dogs bred to nice dogs give you nice dogs and puppies. regardless of breed or papers.

all urban dog trainers are seeing an increase in aggressive dogs, and puppies too.!
Mostly the cross breds/humane society rescues.

Possible reason suggested is the spay neuter programs have taken a lot of nice dogs out of the gene pool, and the random breds we see are are the result of poor stock, mostly owned by low income people who do not spay neuter, get 50 $ for a puppy at the feed store.

Internet sales of dogs, and riduculous prices on puppy mill dogs encourages people to breed for money.

I see nasty dogs of every breed, right now I have an aussie mix thats not worth a dime, a nice lab, which is amazing, so many labs are now un fun.
I have a really nice bully boy, ie pit bull, he is pushy, but very workable with an ownere that works him.
I have only seen one german shepard I would own, from canada.

again ,its the breeding, or lack of quality contol on breeding... and yes the gangs in the inner city breed to fight their dogs.
dog fighting is alive and well in the USA!

I have no patience with nasty, hard biting puppies, they grow up to be nasty dogs. and there is no cure.

pits can be very hard and nasty, if bred that way, and when they make up their mind to do violence they are built for it, and it happens..... but i have seen some very scary labs!!! and people think they are all good with children , thats a dog trainers joke......

see my credentials at my website www.justineleo.net

cheers

so when you get a dog,,,, look at the parents.... hard!!!

Last edited:
IF MY CHIHUAHUA HAD THE SIZE OF MY PIT BULL, THAT WOULD NOT BE A GOOD THING. WHILE MY CHI IS TRYING TO EAT SOMEONE'S ANKLE, RAISING SO MUCH HELL I'M AFRAID HE'S GONNA HAVE A STROKE,LOL. MY PIT IS WAGGING HIS TAIL AND TRYING TO GET KISSES, GO FIGURE. WHEN PEOPLE COME TO MY HOUSE THE PIT IS THE LAST DOG ON THEIR MIND.
big_smile.png

Now if any one wants to know what my instinct is telling me , I think that we should all say we are sorry and continue being friends. No one is ever going to convience every one here that a certian dog breed is aggresive or not. People hold strong to their beliefs. It would be like teying to convince a devot christian into believing the same thing as a johovas wittness. So what do you all say CAn we be friends agian?? (this is the part were I need to find a good set of puppy eyes). PLeeeeeeaasee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom