To be so blessed to go this way

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    My Uncle Jim passed last Friday in Le Claire, IA

My aunt said that they had gone to his doctors earlier in the day for a stress test and ekg. All were fine.
    They got home and played Yatze or something for a bit in the kitchen, then my aunt took her coffee to the living room. He told her he was going finish his coffee and be right in. She said he came into the room and that he looked "different" He held out his hand to her and asked her to hold his hand. He sat down next to her and was gone. Just like that.

She said she knew the moment she took his hand what was happening. So she reached for the phone and called 911. The door to the house was locked and the EMTs needed her to open the door and she told them to break it down, that she wasnt going to let go of his hand. The got in and tried reviving him, but it was too late. I guess she managed to call my cousin and he came over to bring the car to "where ever" it is they go whne someone has already passed(?)

He was 71. Last time I saw both of them was at my dads funeral in 94. I remember freaking out when he walked in because he had the same bearing that my dad had. Both Navy men [​IMG]
    My aunt met him when she was 16 and he was 18. They got married when she was 18 and him 20. Seems to be a common theme in my family.
    Although I dont know what happened with my dad and mom [​IMG]

2. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    Wow....

Touching, makes you stop and reflect on your own quality of life.... I hope I can be even half that lucky someday....

I better hurry up tho.[​IMG]

3. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    Awww...That's so sweet and sad all at the same time. My husband has this fear that he's going to die when he's out in the hay field by himself and no one will know where he is or that something has happened to him. It tears me up to think that he feels like he's going to die alone. I just want to keep him home all of the time. Thank you for you touching story [​IMG]

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Thanks for this it warms the heart to hear about true love such as this, as much as DH and I go round about things, I still love him with all my being.
    Hope your aunt is doing okay. [​IMG] to you

bheila, like you I wish my hubby was with me everyday. I'm trying to convince him to work out of the garage working on big trucks. Right now he drives one and he's gone from 430am-8pm. It's hard.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    wow!..that was so touching!...and so sad....[​IMG]....my thoughts are with you and your family. [​IMG]

6. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    he went being with the one he loved what can be better. I am sorry for the saddness this brings your family

7. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Sorry to hear about your uncle
    Oh to have that love so touching something tells me he was a great man

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:I agree; it's so bittersweet...

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss... [​IMG] Hang in there.

9. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    That is such a sweet ending.

Why do I feel like [​IMG] ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by