To get a cat, or not to get a cat... PICS ADDED, p. 6!

We have a "working" cat, and she is a very important part of our household. She lives outside, but she comes in for visits. We have two small inside dogs, and it took some getting used to but they all get along now. She is a great cat. I built her a small house that is on an elevated firewood rack. We have a heating pad in there for cold nights. She is one good hunter! We woke up to a half eaten wood rat on the front mat this morning. She gets treats for wood rats.

Way to go!

Now Star needs a feline friend

or two

or three
tongue.png

Imp

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get home to see her! It's her first day at home alone with the dog. I hope everything went okay!
fl.gif

If your cat claws things and you dont like it, buy "Soft Paws".
Those are small rubbercaps that you glue over their nails . THey still can retract their claws, do scratching motions, slap you or the dog.... but it wont scratch anything up. I bought them for our cat that we adopted from a shelter as well. THey come in several colors and sizes. Roscoe got rainbow color on right now. They dont hurt when they are on and a cat forets pretty quickly about them. They are kind of like acrylic nails for us girls.

Back
Top Bottom