To keep or not to keep?

eggybritches

Songster
10 Years
Sep 12, 2009
Central Florida
I have three runner ducklings, but in reality I only wanted to keep two. The one that I would LIKE to get rid of is 18ish days.

Now, I'm torn because I don't want to get rid of one duckling and him not have any friends, and I'm also worried about how freaked out the other two would be without him.

So. Should I keep, or should I get rid of? Does anyone want a little yellow runner?

I'd keep them. Things some times happen ... you might be glad you hung on to the 'third' one. IMHO, 2 or 3 doesn't make a whole lot of difference, unless you end up with 2 boys/1 girl.

I would definitely wait until they showed what sex they are! I paid to have mine sexed and was supposed to have 1 boy and 5 girls......ended up with 3 boys. I don't know what combo you wanted, but you may give away the wrong one! Plus, I agree with everything greyhorsewoman said.

keep him
jumpy.gif

Keep it. We had three pekins hatch, sold two and kept one. Well, the one we kept died. I had to order my daughter more from Florida. One more does not cost anymore to feed. The only problem is having more drakes than you need.

Most definitely keep the 3rd one. Anything freaky can happen and you may end up with a lone duckie. That is why you hear 'trio' mentioned all the time.
wink.png
JMO

Keep him for the simple fact that it's a runner duck, and it's a duck... Did I mention it's a duck?
lol.png
The others do have a very valid point about things do happen though
wink.png
Oh yeah, where's the picture of the duckling you're now keeping?
lau.gif

The problem with Hugo is he's not nearly as friendly as my other two. The other two will come up and be lovey but Hugo here, he freaks out and runs into walls trying to get away. He gets the others all stirred up. They'll be calm as can be, snuggled up on my feet while we're outside, and then all of a sudden a leaf falls and he's halfway to the duck house, the other two trailing behind.

He's a jerk and he knows it, look at that smirk.

4075367130_54d7c69f99.jpg

Either that or he is just plain neurotic. I just don't want him to make my sweet ducks neurotic, too.

Back
Top Bottom