To many roosters, bachelor pen.

Pics
None of them look like cockerels to me, but it's too young to be certain.
Also, since your hen doesn't have a single comb, she isn't a pure serama. I'm guessing she's either a rosecomb bantam or a rosecomb mix.

That really depends on the roosters. I've had bantams do fine in groups with half as many roos as hens, but it was mostly because the top rooster was very easy-going. The hens did get some feathers pulled out on their necks, though.
I do think it's possible to have a lot of roosters with your hens (as long as they're bantams), but only if the roosters have the right personality to get along with all the others and not over-mate the hens.
Serama babies are 6 weeks, can anyone tell me if they are roos or hens?
6weekserama.jpg
6weekserama0.jpg
6weekserama1.jpg

Cutest. Thing. Ever. Omg. Being over a month and a half later- is he turning out to be a feisty fella?
the three-week-old crowing rooster Joey is actually quite mellow, likes belly scratches and attention and he doesn't crow much. :) My alfa rooster is Easter Egger Diego, that for the longest time I thought was a hen. The second run is build and ready, I let all chickens run around and get familiar with it, so when it's time to separate them they know the surroundings, it's not a new territory they might fight over. One more thing I need to build is second shelter/coop. So far they all still get along.

Back
Top Bottom