cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I listed my bantam flock on Craigslist last night and this morning I got a text asking about them. Turns out it was a great fit and we dropped them off between 12 and 1 pm. I decided I was going to list my 3 remaining standard sized chickens this afternoon, but I thought I should check with the 'bantam people' first....just see if they wanted them. They did! Now the are all together again and they have about 50 new sisters. LOL Great place, friendly people, and I can even visit them if I want. (they have a little farm stand where they sell eggs, honey, etc). I'm so glad I found a great place for my flock.
I decided to sell the bantam flock because I'd had them for almost a year and it didn't seem like bantams were right for me. They are too flighty and good at escaping for the setup I have and they were pretty skittish as well. I sold the remaining 3 standard hens because it is super duper cold and I'm afraid they'll be too cold all alone in their large coop....and they seemed bored and lonely. But don't worry everyone! I'm not done keeping chickens. :) My plan is to start again pretty soon. I actually might be... (read next spoiler)
...long term chicken sitting one of my neighbor's friend's flocks. The hens are getting harassed by the neighbor's dogs and they need a safe place for them to stay for a couple of months while they rebuild and predator proof the setup. There are 9 hens....that is all I know so far. I'll also get a couple extra bucks for taking the job. Well, I'll update ya'll later. Thanks for reading this.

Back
Top Bottom