Today is day 10 again .....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crazy4Chicks, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Just looked at my calendar and the eggs are on day 5 - hopefully this time we will make it to hatch.

the other eggs that were lost - should have been on day 22 - I could of had babies in another 5 days [​IMG]

but we moved the bator into the bedroom closet , run the temps alittle lower than normal and when I have to leave the house I remove one of the plugs - just in case the temps spike while we are gone some of the heat can leave and not cook the babies again.

I candled them last night - not really expecting to see anything yet most of the eggs there was nothing showing yet, one looks like it has a very light blood ring but I am giving it plenty of time in the bator before we do anything and in one I saw the tiniest little blood spot - maybe the start to veins [​IMG] I really want some little duckies waddling around the house [​IMG]
    I think this time we finally have the bator in the right place in the house - I even remembered to add the shelf liner to keep the little buggers from rolling to much if they make it that far LOL

so here we go again - please keep your fingers crossed [​IMG] -

Julie

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  2. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

All my good thoughts going out to you! I'm hoping for a good hatch, myself. [​IMG]

3. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Day 6 and counting - I candled them tonight again - just because -

still looks like 3 with great veins the rest are still clear but it is early so I am hopefull they will start to grow soon.

the bator is holding much better - temps are staying in the 90's and the highest I have seen it was 100.01.

humidity is staying in the upper 40's I have the bottom filled and place a small dish half filled with water - I will add more water the closer we get to hatch day which looks like April 5 ( give or take )

so far so good [​IMG]

Julie

4. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Day 9 -- and we are still going along great this time -- there still looks like 3 eggs growing, great veins, and I can even see a little blob where the baby is growing [​IMG]

we still have 4 eggs that are not doing anything - but they have till day 14 to do something.

but if I only get 3 babies - than that is fine with me -

Julie

5. Crazy4Chicks

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    well it is day 10 - we are getting there - Dh has learned to candle the eggs- which I think is great !!

well we have movement in three of the eggs - one of the "babies" is very active - going to be fun to see if this is an active baby running around all over the place.

we still have nothing in 4 of them - but I will give them till day 14 - and than remove them.

so far I think i am going to have at least 3 babies [​IMG]

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by