Today is Day 20 when do I Increase the Humidity?

I left home this morning to go to work

12 eggs are pecking

none hatch yet

Today is day 22

Great, keep us posted on the hatch rate and also on their growth rate, mortality etc.

I am considering Wadley for Georgia Giant eggs, friend of my raised some Butlers but they varied much in size, after 3 months most were smaller than coturnix jumbos, only a few of decent size, big dissapointment with those Butlers.

Perhaps Georgia Giants will be better choice for meat bird as far as Bob,s species are concerned.

Quote:
I can vouch for Wadley's quality. Fertility during the winter month with their birds???? Dunno........but have been wondering. If the percentage of fertile eggs was significant, I would probably get a couple of hatchings throughout the winter months just to keep my stock up, and grow-out quicker in the year. But they produce some high quality "Butterball" GG's. I'm well pleased with their quality and the condition of the eggs when I get them. Good supplier!!

This is unbelivable

I set the eggs on 01/11/11 at 5:00 pm

today is 02/03/11 5:42 pm

5 chicks hatched so far

I was so worried they started pecking on day 21 and not hatching

I feel much better now

Quote:
I had a batch like that back in August. I set them at 5:00 one evening.............and 23 days later at 4:30 in the evening, the first of a massive hatch-off started happening. It was like a switch controlled about 50 - 70 little fellers with a flip. It's not meant for some of Mother Nature's secrets to be figured out.....
smile.png

Lotsa Pips Then Nap For A While Then 1 Early Bird Gets Out And Starts Runnin His Lil Gator Looking For Mamma And Everybody Wakes Up And Goes To Work... Roughly 15 Min Later You Have A Quail Explosion

Back
Top Bottom