Today is the day

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by angels4, Jan 17, 2010.

1. angels4

angels4 Chillin' With My Peeps

I let my two groups of 3 free range together for the first time. I'm wondering if because there are an even number in both groups if I might have an easier time intergrating the two seperate into one big happy family or if I'm delusional. Anybody have any thoughts?

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    if they are the same age or size more or less that helps the most from what I have observed. Having two flocks similar in size also helps, and number three, if they meet on neutral territory helps too.

3. angels4

angels4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for the reply onthespot. Both groups of three are the same size with the newbies being just a bit younger than my original 3, all are laying. I tried letting them out together today and it went well but not perfect ALOT of stinkeye and chasing happening. I will be leaving for work this week at day break and not returning until way after dark, the following week I will be out of town (there will be no free ranging) so I think I'm just going to wait until I'm on vacation at the beginning of March to try and intergrate the two together.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by