Today My 32 Babies Moved Out Into Their New House Redneck Style!!!

Mourningdove

Songster
11 Years
Dec 17, 2008
Cleveland, Tn.
YIPPEE!!!!!!!
wee.gif
We finally finished the juvinile grow up pen so my babies moved on in!Attached is a pic of the house, you can't see all the babies as some were afraid to come outside long, when the roosters in the other pen crowed they flew back inside....they will get used to it. :lol:The house was made with materials we had sitting around here, the coop has a real country redneck look to it
lau.gif
maybe I will have to paint it! Who can afford to go buy all new materials we can't! The run is huge for them them grow and is completely covered with chicken wire. Check it out and let me know what ya think! BTW we are in no way carpenters!

19900_hpim2061.jpg

19900_hpim2062.jpg

The next pic is some of the grown chickens in the adjoing pen....

19900_hpim2060.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I always say....'The chickens don't care what their place looks like. All they care about is food, water, and shelter.' Not everyone has the skills or money to get a super nice coop and run, but at least you care about them to provide their basic needs.

Fits right in with my country redneck style that's for sure. How do you secure the door to the coop at night in case predators get in the run? Lovely chickens ya got there Deb!
clap.gif

Quote:
The boards you saw leaning on the house is the door, I had to manually prop it closed as hubby went to bed without finishing it,
so for the night I propped it up best I could. Glad you like it! I designed it and hubby gave the dementions and we put it together!

As long as it works and is secure for them, that's all that matters. Doesn't have to look pretty to be functional. I need to get a better digital camera & take some updated pics of our place for ya - my bday is in May so maybe hubby will get me one.
fl.gif

I love it! It is so amazing to me, the variety of chicken houses I have seen pictures of in all the books, websites, etc. So reassuring that even I can probably built something that will keep a few chickens happy. YIPPEE!

Who cares if it is redneck style..... take pride in the fact that you did it.... I think it looks great.... have a few redneck pens myself
yippiechickie.gif

Hey, if it works... it works
big_smile.png
They look happy to me!
big_smile.png
Nice job.... I'm no carpenter either... made my brooder out of old doors! LOL

Back
Top Bottom