Today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by MOChickenz, Nov 14, 2010.

1. MOChickenz

MOChickenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    I have a habit of sitting near my coop in the morning and watching the girls run around. I love watching their little 'society'. This morning there is frost on the ground and I am in a hat, scarf and a coat. They are wandering around and pecking...in their feathers.

Isn't nature amazing?

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    yes nature sure is. i love it when i watch the "girls" and they think i am not watching them. they do their own thing. chicken watching sure is fascinating! [​IMG]

3. LilChickCoop

LilChickCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    I hate to say that my DH and I have decided to put some chairs near the coop/run so we can chicken watch..

4. mrs_woodguy

mrs_woodguy Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2010
    Um.. we keep two chairs IN the coop for when we visit. We just lean them backwards against the beams so they are "poop-free" when we visit. I thought this was normal behavior.[​IMG]

5. ginznchix

ginznchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    South Jersey
    Yup, chairs in the pens so I can chill with my peeps. Didn't think of leaning them though, I'm always cleaning them off, or sitting on a bucket. The peeps love the chairs.

6. 7&8

7&8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2010
    Maine
    [​IMG] MOChickenz...I do the same thing as you every morning I can. Chicken therapy. Cup o' coffee, and I sit on a birch stump outside the coop. When I let them out first thing, I throw a handful of scratch down and that keeps them in the vicinity. A few of them take turns hopping up on my lap for a quick preening, then they're off to do their chicken things. Definitely a nice way to begin the day - thank you for saying!

7. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    I let mine out everymorning with my cup of coffee in hand. Feed the cats first then sit on a big horse feed bucket (turned over of course) and watch them explore. It is like they are finding a new world every morning.

8. MOChickenz

MOChickenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Missouri
    I also have a chair outside the coop. My gals (and 3 guys) are currently pecking some BOSS I have spread around, and the jungle fowl Roo is strutting around looking gorgeous. I notice that they appear to free range 'wider' with the full grown roo around.

9. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Sheesh...the hours I've "wasted" watching them.......[​IMG]

10. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG] Ok so I thought having a "sitting post" was normal for chicken watching. I love sitting and watching them...I'm trying to figure out how to build a little roof for ME where I sit so I can be out there rain or shine. When no one can find me anywhere in the house I hear the kids, "Mom's watching chicken TV again..." [​IMG]

Love it! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by