todays hatching day and none are hatching!!!!please help!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Kori, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Kori

Kori Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2012
    Copperas Cove,Texas
    i dont know what to do and you can barely even hear them chirp!!!!!!!please helpme!!!!!its 5:15 PM were im at if that helps at all

2. SpiritedFarm

SpiritedFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    South West Ontario
    Have they pipped? If so, when?

3. judsenn

judsenn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    update?

4. Kori

Mar 11, 2012
    Copperas Cove,Texas
    not yet,now its7:30 and NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!AND I DONT KNOW WHEN,IM SORRY!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. scottfarm

scottfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    MILL CREEK, WV
    was your heat and humidity set ?did the eggs try to hatch any?could be several things eggs little to old . temperature and humidity not staying where it should be .good luck with your hatch .

6. judsenn

Apr 11, 2012
    I feel your pain...the wait game is HORRIBLE!!! I thought I was going to lose my mind with my last batch. Did you candle them to see if they pipped internally?

7. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    Don't panic. The 21 days, is an approximate time, not necessarily when they will hatch. Do some reading here - you will see plenty of posts talking about chicks hatching as late as Day 24. If your temperature was a little low, they will be a little later. Just relax, and wait. That's all you can do, really. If they're peeping, you know they're still alive. DO NOT open the incubator to candle, check, or do anything else with them. You need to keep it closed to keep the humidity up.

8. judsenn

Apr 11, 2012
    I agree, I would just let them be. As far as candling...I know many people who open the incubator due to multiple hatches, or check for internal pips, but then again they are pros and have been doing it FOREVER and know what they are doing. Me, being more of a newbie I would just wait and see what happens within the next day or 2. At least you are hearing peeps..I never heard any until I had an external pip...

9. Kori

Mar 11, 2012
    Copperas Cove,Texas
    here its the 22(earth day,HOORAY!!!)1:15 and 1 has FINALLY started though hes/shes not out yet,hes/shes peepimg really loudly and moving the egg a bit!!![​IMG]yay him/her!!!!!!!

10. Kori

Mar 11, 2012
    Copperas Cove,Texas
    hes/shes made a nice little hole and you can barely see his/her beek from the little window!![​IMG]good luck to him/her!!!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by