Toe in the water...

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
Ask any BYC member..... It's a GREAT idea!
thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif
From Ohio

Chickens are well worth the effort. One of the cheapest and easiest livestock/pets you can own. They give back almost daily, do not have to be eaten, will eat just about any table scraps you toss them, and if you must be gone a few days, just about anyone can look after them just for the eggs they gather from your hens.

Thanks! I've got a house in suburbia and want to keep only 2-3 quiet : ) hens. It is legal in our city but the neighborhood covenant has some vague wording about nuisance activities, etc.
I'm looking into coops now. I've got a natural area towards the back that chickens can scratch without worry. Any thoughts on keeping a structure permanent with a deep wood pellet base or making it mobile?

Quote:
"Chicken Tractor"

I'm in the same situation as you are, except we have less room! My dear husband build me a small coop and run.
72917_coop.jpg

I have two hens and have had them about 2 months. The EE just started laying yesterday!!
celebrate.gif
This sounded like a crazy idea when my family found out about it but know they want chickens!!

Go for it! They are sweet things.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom