Toe Nail ripped Off

Kailene

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2019
Ohio
I brought home 2 Muscovy ducks today. My males end toe nails are gone. Idk if he did it while I was trying to tag him or not but I noticed his nails are gone and that he was bleeding from the stub. He's huge and heavy and a turd to catch. Idk what I should do?
IMG_20190929_185454.jpg

No he stopped. I did wash them and put Neosporin on them. Do I need to wrap them with any thing? Or leave open to air.

I'm a muscovy down now. Jenny literally flew the coop. And hasn't returned 2 days ago. She took off the night I got her. :(:(:hit:hitmy youngest daughter is so upset. She won't eat, can't sleep etc...

I'm a muscovy down now. Jenny literally flew the coop. And hasn't returned 2 days ago. She took off the night I got her. :(:(:hit:hitmy youngest daughter is so upset. She won't eat, can't sleep etc...
Clipping wing is the only way to keep them home. Very sorry to hear she flew off and being she was new didn't really know how to get back most likely.:(

Corn starch is another good option to stop nail bleeding. I've had to treat a couple of broken nails. As long as the quick (the stubby part) looks intact, it should grow a new nail without any issues. I leave them open to air, but keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get infected.

Back
Top Bottom