Tolbunt Polish chick sexing?

christallynn

Songster
5 Years
Jul 30, 2016
3-4 week old Tolbunts, never had these before and curious if the colors can possibly determine sex? One is definitely not like the other two in regards to their coloring in the first pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210203-100353.png
    Screenshot_20210203-100353.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20210203-095732.png
    Screenshot_20210203-095732.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20210203-095648.png
    Screenshot_20210203-095648.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20210203_095314_578.jpg
    IMG_20210203_095314_578.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 58
3-4 week old Tolbunts, never had these before and curious if the colors can possibly determine sex? One is definitely not like the other two in regards to their coloring in the first pic.
Pretty sure Tolbunts coloring is random and not sexable by coloring. You will be able to tell genders like with other Polish by the shape of the crest and presence of wattles. Agree with others to repost when they are a bit older. Pretty birds! 😊

I have three Tolbunts that are 13 weeks old and they all feathered out differently, crest, tail and body. I had them DNA sexed and according to the reports they are all female so 🤷🏻‍♀️. I have no clue as to what they are yet and if there was a mistake in the samples. One thing that is consistent is that none of them at 13 weeks has noticeable wattles nor do they have any "horns" yet so I'm still hopeful that they are all girls, even with the feathering. Definitely repost here later! I personally would love to see how your chicks are growing up!

I have three Tolbunts that are 13 weeks old and they all feathered out differently, crest, tail and body. I had them DNA sexed and according to the reports they are all female so 🤷🏻‍♀️. I have no clue as to what they are yet and if there was a mistake in the samples. One thing that is consistent is that none of them at 13 weeks has noticeable wattles nor do they have any "horns" yet so I'm still hopeful that they are all girls, even with the feathering. Definitely repost here later! I personally would love to see how your chicks are growing up!
I would think having them dna tested would be fool proof?!? Lol at least you would hope so. How much was it or what site did you use? I might just do that cause if your still unsure at 13 weeks my patience won't let me go that long without knowing lol

I would think having them dna tested would be fool proof?!? Lol at least you would hope so. How much was it or what site did you use? I might just do that cause if your still unsure at 13 weeks my patience won't let me go that long without knowing lol
I thought so too 😂 but I have heard of mistakes happening and one of my chicks just looks so different. I believe it was 11.99 per sample and it was the iQ bird testing place. It was an easy process and they had results in 4 days. It was the first time I had done it and I did it because my friend wanted a girl for her son so we did it to know for sure so he could pick his chick ASAP. Some pics of “the girls” just now being mama’s girls.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg