TOLBUNT Polish Frizzle Roo - NO RESERVE! - MD

baregretchen

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
So. Maryland
My tolbunts produced an abundance of roos this summer, so I have decided to place two of them. This auction is for ONE tolbunt frizzle Polish roo, between 4 and 5 months old. Very nicely marked boy, healthy, wormed, hasn't started crowing yet. He is being auctioned as a pet only because he does have a crooked inside toe on each foot, although none of my breeders have crooked toes. This does NOT effect his movement or stability whatsoever and is, unfortunately, a common occurrence within this color of Polish chickens. He is, otherwise, a very lovely guy!

He will be shipped out on Tuesday, OCTOBER 13, 2009 to the winning bidder. NO reserve! Shipping and a new, bio-filtered, USPS approved shipping box will be $55.00 within the continental US. No bidders outside of the U.S.. Sorry, but I am not willing at this time to import.

Please spread the word to anyone you know who may be interested in this beautiful bird. I had promised to contact several people who had inquired about tolbunts, but misplaced my list! If you're reading this and you're one of those people, I'm so sorry I didn't contact you and let you know personally about the auction. But, glad you found it!
wink.png

PHOTOS WILL BE UPLOADED TOMORROW 10/8/2009.

Thanks for your interest and good luck bidding!

He's gorgeous! What color would you breed him to if you wanted to produce more tolbunt? Will you be auctioning any tolbunt eggs?

Quote:
To produce more tolbunts, you really need to have tolbunt hens. But, you can interbreed tolbunts with gold laced and then breed the offspring back to tolbunts. The resulting generation will look pretty much like tolbunts, although it does introduce a bit of lacing into the feathering, which is a no-no in the standard, but not a DQ. Successive generations helps decrease the lacing, of course. The benefit is that you get some outcross vigor in the chicks, which helps with fertility within this color.

I will not be auctioning or selling any tolbunt eggs at this point. I am still establishing my flock and am very seriously trying to improve the type of this color so that it will be competitive. So, that means keeping most of the offspring until they're adults. At which point, I will place my culls. So, there may be more coming up, but probably not until 2010.

Thanks for your interest!

Quote:
To produce more tolbunts, you really need to have tolbunt hens. But, you can interbreed tolbunts with gold laced and then breed the offspring back to tolbunts. The resulting generation will look pretty much like tolbunts, although it does introduce a bit of lacing into the feathering, which is a no-no in the standard, but not a DQ. Successive generations helps decrease the lacing, of course. The benefit is that you get some outcross vigor in the chicks, which helps with fertility within this color.

I will not be auctioning or selling any tolbunt eggs at this point. I am still establishing my flock and am very seriously trying to improve the type of this color so that it will be competitive. So, that means keeping most of the offspring until they're adults. At which point, I will place my culls. So, there may be more coming up, but probably not until 2010.

Thanks for your interest!

Sigh...that's what I was afraid of. Everyone I can track down who has this color seems to keep them all for themselves.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom