Tolbunt Polish....

ChickenMa18

In the Brooder
Jun 18, 2019
I have 2 beautiful Tolbert polish hens from a set of hatching eggs purchased from a breeder that is no longer in business.
My question is what is the best way to continue this coloring? Do I need to find a Tolbunt roo? Will the tolbunt color take when breeding with a polish roo of a different color pattern? Right now I have a gold laced roo, an almost solid black roo and possibly (too young to 100% tell) a buff roo.
I have seen where people have taken roos of different breeds with the same colouration of a tolbunt polish and created them but if at all possible I am trying to skip that step.

I would appreciate any help and/or advice!

Thanks ❤

I bought some chicks about 2 months ago from a hatchery that were sold as tolbunt x gold laced polish, and I don't know if this is what always happens but they turned out to be mostly black with less gold laced feather, and 1 out of the 2 had only one actual tolbunt feather. They had the tolbunt's signature little white triangle on their heads as chicks. I don't know if this helps.

Tolbunt is gold-laced with mottling, so yes, you could use the gold laced male. Only gold-laced Polish would show up inthe first generation, but if you breed one of the male offspring back to the tolbunt hens, you will get fifty percent Tolbunts and fifty percent gold-laced. Once you breed tolbunt to tolbunt, you will get all tolbunts.

Back
Top Bottom