Told you I have bad luck - dropping out of the quaill egg swap :(

again? gosh steve you sure have many tragic encounters with poultry.
At least it didn't get your other birds.

The good thing about geese is they get big fast, and they can fight back! You need a good OEG broody with bitties to teach your dog that birds are BAAAD!!

I saw some pics of eggchel's sebastopal's (sp?). They are beautiful!! I am trying to figure out how I could sneak those past my dad!! I already have so many birds, maybe he won't notice?
lau.gif

Lol. Just say they followed you home and wont leave. My duck beats up the cats but I am scared of having him around the dogs. He is my only duck and he is so sweet.

I have always said I didn't want geese cause they were mean, but those sebastopols are really neat!! And since they have funky feathers, dad and my son would just love them!!

I heard htese guys are docile and have a sweet temperment. If we had the space I would get some. Actually with one duck I think I can have 2.

Quote:
Well, me and my son live with my dad atm, on about 10 acres of land. Most of it is horse pasture, but they are gonna have to share. I have already turned their 'water hole' into a duck pond (hehe), they seemed very surprised when the ducks went out there!! Next month I am getting turkeys, which will probably free range in the pasture some. Then next year I am getting bobwhites and chukars, and the only place big enough for a 100' flight pen is where? You guessed it, the pasture!!
I also read that the sebastopols were very sweet, that's why I'm thinking of them. Not sure if they could be kept on the pond with the ducks though? Their feathers are kind of funky!

Back
Top Bottom