"Tomatoes, ma? Meh."

countryladyNH

Crowing
8 Years
Feb 22, 2016
New Hampshire USA
My Coop
My Coop
We just gave our 4 buff orpington hens cut up ends of our tomato, thinking they would love them. MEH---They looked at them on the plate and pecked, flinging them around on the lawn before running away. We were so suprised they wouldn't eat them.
Last night we tried some raw broccoli, and as my husband said after bringing some pieces out to them in the run, "they looked at it like it was a UFO".
It was still there this morning, lol!
So far they had only had red grapes, watermelon, and stuff like cracked corn for treats, and they devour all of them. We thought we'd introduce other things into the treat repertoire that we had read chickens like.
Now we are wondering if chickens are spoiled and what else they are not going to like!

We just gave our 4 buff orpington hens cut up ends of our tomato, thinking they would love them. MEH---They looked at them on the plate and pecked, flinging them around on the lawn before running away. We were so suprised they wouldn't eat them. Last night we tried some raw broccoli, and as my husband said after bringing some pieces out to them in the run, "they looked at it like it was a UFO". It was still there this morning, lol! So far they had only had red grapes, watermelon, and stuff like cracked corn for treats, and they devour all of them. We thought we'd introduce other things into the treat repertoire that we had read chickens like. Now we are wondering if chickens are spoiled and what else they are not going to like!
Yea mine don't like kitchen scraps, raspberries, earthworms, caterpillars, frozen spinach. That's what I got so far, at 4 months of age. GC

They are like kids, they will try some stuff and like it and other time run away from it LOL

Back
Top Bottom