Tomorrow is day 18, first hatch, do I ?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by giasmom, May 14, 2009.

1. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Okay so tomorrow is day 18, do I lock down 1st thing in the morning or tomorrow night? Or does it matter ? I have been running humidity at 30 to 35 %. when I up it for lockdown will 65% humidity be okay? Too high or to low ? This will be my first hatch so I just want to double check on all of this. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Oh homemade bator w/ fan if it matters.

2. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:You're good. Just "lock it down," as you put it, when it's convenient and leave it alone until you have chicks.
    Is the brooder ready?

3. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    You can "lock it down" from tomorrow morning til tommorow night. I keep my humidity from 55-65%

4. giasmom

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Davaroo, Yes my brooder awaits them ! Thanks for the replies, I just had to make a final check.

5. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    How do you change the humidity of the bator after day 18? Do you change it when you have the eggs out or do you wait until you put them back in after candling them? I am also new, and want to know everything before I attempt to hatch anything.

vortec

6. giasmom

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    My bators are homemade, I have a tube going from the outside to the dish in the bottom of them that I add water through so I don't have to open the baters.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by