Tonic Mobility, Catontonia, Sleeping?

nomoneycanrepla

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 23, 2015
We rescued a 🐓 at 7 weeks old, who had been with no human interaction. He has always been a good 🐓 to his 🐔, but they have all died. He cried for weeks afterwards. Very clingy, depressed behavior😢. He would stand by our vehicles with his shoulders slumped and let out sad cries. I gave him as much human attention I could and lots of yummy treats🌽. Eventually, he had more energy, but is very different. 🐓 that have had girls feel the need to feed and protect them. He started to do that to us. He is needy and will crow constantly until he is out of his coop and free ranging with us. He has explored our entire yard, and mixes with the wild animals. But the cutest thing that warms our 💕 is he asks for pets. He never did before. In fact, reaching out to him would make him walk away. He hated to be picked up or held for cleaning or injury. But I started to pet him and once or twice I picked him up and sang him to sleep. About 2 months ago, he would stand and cry at my side. And I reached out to pet him and pet his comb. Well these weeks later, it's his new thing. He cried and wants his comb pet, or his wattles, or his cheeks. And his back. He actually bows his head and whines for petted with toes too. He goes into tonic mobility which is like catatonia. We don't know if he is having tiny little naps or relaxing when he does that, but it's what he wants. We figure is so desperate for companionship, he has lowered himself to needing human affection. My advice is to be very affectionate with ur chickens. It is a beautiful friendship.❤️

Poor little fella. You should get him a few lady friends :)
U know we really want to. But my heart can't handle the loss again. I was hospitalized after the last hen was attacked. I want him to be happy, he's such a gentleman, is there such a thing as conjugal visits?

Back
Top Bottom