Tonight, May 16, is lockdown. We are hatching!!!

I send happy hatching blessings!! I'm on hatch day and they are a comin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Mine went on lockdown Friday morning and I woke up to a pip this morning (day 20). I can hear peeping but nothing else yet. I can't believe how worried I am for them! I hope they all make it out ok. Good luck with you hatch!
smile.png

eta: this is my first hatch too!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
We are locked down for may 18 hatch. 24 out of 42 look viable. Doing the dry hatch method, humidity now at 70. Hope we have better luck on this 4th hatch. problems before with faulty thermoeter in hovabator and no instructions given for temps in still air bator.

I'm locking down tomorrow night, so I'm a day behind you.

What do you have in the incubator? And who's chirping already?

I have my own eggs for the first time ever. I've done a bunch of hatches on shipped eggs, but I decided to go get a rooster and let him stay as long as he was quiet. I just had to cull him, but I've got fertile eggs in the bator from my girls. The rooster was a blue birchen marans, and I've got 7 eggs from my easter egger in there (getting olive eggers) and 2 brown eggs from one of my SLW, BLRW, Partridge Rock, or Columbian wyandotte. I'm so excited to see babies from my own girls.

Hi,
I locked down saturday may 15. The chicks are supposed to come out tomorrow!
All is very quiet in the incubators. Do chicken eggs roll in the last few days of incubation?

Back
Top Bottom