Tons of water poo.......

Quote:
I have looked up the product specifications and the animal ("multi-species") listed are all mammals...it particularly states dextrose... now in some conditions it can be important (the type of sugar and amount ) as this can actually (in some cases) exacerbate dehydration.

This is the product you should use for poultry (sold at TSC):
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...10551_10001_43428_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1

they dont have that kind at my tractor supply. It makes me mad when I have to go there because there is no where else close by. When I went today this is all they had that wasnt for cows or pigs and they didnt even have oyster shell. Well, I put 1/4 cup solution in 1/2 gal of water. I guess I will just have to see what happens, theres not much I can do. Should I try some yogurt too?

What about baking soda? I used it with pasty butt but I am guessing that loosens it not solidifies the poo.....

I have no clue.....

Diana, it's GREAT to see you back around!
big_smile.png

Isn't watery poo also one of their mechanisms for cooling themselves when it's very hot out?

it was hot again the last several days and I think its only one of them doing it. It would be a relief if that may be it. These are my first birds and im stressing a little.

sickbyc.gif
thanks

but really...seems like what mine is doing may be ok. But Im not sure. Could be either of the watery pics. But it helps.

A few of mine had water poop, someone suggested that in the hot weather they are drinking tons of water and this may cause it. So I put them on electrolytes/vitamins and made them some rice for a few days and it went away. But every few days, I have to give them more rice mixed with yogurt, cause it's still hot. Rice is real binding. And stay away from sugar.

Back
Top Bottom