Too agressive/attacks us.....Culling one of my rooster???

Get rid of him I had the same problem with a bo roo and it just got worse as he got older. once he was gone it was alot more peaceful around here and the girls were happier. The guy I gave him to tried working with him and finnally paired him up with dumplings.

i have mean roosters, too, and unfortunatly there isn't much you can do about them
hmm.png
really, you can either act as a rooster or as a hen. if you decide to take the rooster route and fight back, i find mine respond fairly well if i carry them around for a bit with my hand cupped over his head every once in a while. if you have to pick him up, grab him by the legs or hold onto his wings; you can even hold them upside down by the legs if you need to, it doesn't hurt them. the next time he attacks someone hit him lightly with a shovel or your boot. it sounds mean, but roosters are really tough birds. the other option, to act like a hen, is pretty much adore him. feed him bits of bread from your hand, even if it's through the chickens wire, and pick him up every day, tapping his face gently with you finger, below his eyes. hens do something similar, pecking the rooster gently like they're kissing him. roosters love it. if he warms up to you enough to offer you food like he does with the hens, don't hesitate to take it from him. pretty much just watch your hens and see how the interact with him and try to imitate it.

also tell your little sister not to run away if he comes near her. it invite him to chase her. she can back away a few steps, as long as he doesn't move toward him, which invites him to fight. it's really a complicated business, and if you don't want to spend time dealing with him, just give the rooster away to someone who can.

Quote:
Taking the hen route may result in him wanting to mount you. Just a warning. I tried it before and never will again.

Back
Top Bottom