Too Busy

TheRealWitwiki

Songster
Mar 26, 2019
NE Maryland
Raising chickens has been a life long dream of mine. To some that might sound odd, maybe it's normal to others, but I grew up in a populated area where it wasn't allowed or even considered. I call it the farm life. I own a beautiful house on property now, but years ago it was just a far fetched dream. We are so consumed by technology now days people don't even consider the simple things in life and how enjoyable they really are. My dream started with just being able to own chickens and get my own eggs. It has evolved into a whole new world and way of life. There's so much I want to do now that I have the place to do it. Time is the key factor. Life used to be simple back in the day or so they say. We have become so busy with work and kids school/activities that it seems like we are just maintaining instead of enjoying what we have. By the time I get home from work and feed and water all the animals and do a couple things around the house it's either dark or I'm exhausted. Weekends are just as busy. Sometimes when I get 5 minutes to myself I just kneel down by the chicken coop and quietly watch my chickens go about their day. It's then I remember that it's the small things in life that make you smile and thank God for what you have. I know one day I will be able to enjoy these things even more. I want to get into gardening and bee keeping, but I don't want it to be just another thing I have to get done before it's time to come in at night. I want to really enjoy it. Right now I'm remodeling our home inside and out. It's a historic property and pretty much soaks up all of my free time. I spent the first year on the inside so now I'm taking the spring and summer to work outside. I usually hang out on the chicken forums but I saw this dyi self sufficiency one and I thought well that's me, I do everything myself lol. Anyone else out there feel the same like you wish you could get into more things but just don't have the time at the moment. Maybe it's my age I'm in my mid 30's, but I don't want to wait until I'm in my late 50's to relax a little. Geez if I end up with grey hair driving a red corvette someone shoot me please. I've even been too busy for deer hunting the past two years now that's just insane. Please tell me it gets better. Anyway just wanted to ramble a bit I worked all day and am trying to unwind. Feel free to ramble too I'll read it and respond.

I'm in my 50's. Life is still whizzing by too quickly. Live for today. Find some time and happiness today. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

I'm always too busy. The days I'm not I'm bored. :)

I'm country, grew up on a farm. I wouldn't live any other way. Enjoy your life now. It doesn't need to be big stuff, it's the little stuff that counts.

I get that. I would love to be much more self sufficient than I am but I don't have the time, or the money to get started. I have a fantastic full time job with unbelievable benefits that gets in the way of my dream of (semi)homesteading. LOL!

I have a great little garden, my chickens, & a nice plot of land. I make my own soap, can all that my garden produces - I do what I can and enjoy every second of it and try to appreciate just how fortunate I am.

Take the time to sit back & enjoy what you have, you have come a long way already. Add little things here and there as you can that give you joy, a sense of accomplishment & pride. You have many years to get where you want to be, but don't let all the good things you have now pass you by.

Back
Top Bottom