too many roosters

Aroostertoomany

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2022
i know this is a long shot here but im desparate at the moment, i have the worst luck apparently when it comes to rooster to hen ratio and while i have had a rooster too many for a couple yrs now i recently got 6 new chicks and 4 of them decided to be boys, so i am hoping someone in fort worth texas may see this thread and perhaps be intersted in a rooster or two, otherwise i believe my husband will just want to eat them. which i understand but if i can save them from that demise all the better. i just dont need 6 roosters that just wanna fight and ride my hens to death and i hate keeping everybody separated to keep the peace. i have 10 hens and even that isnt enough for 2 roosters. not mine anyway, the one is a small rooster but my other ones are pretty big guys and they end up tearing the hens feathers off their backs in their little aggressive mating sessions, anyway if anyone is intersted just let mw know or if anyone has any ideas on what other ways of rooster shedding there is im all ears, thank you

Craigslist is the most effective for me.
Facebook has more people interested in less purposeful, ornamental chickens, in my area anyway.
But it's a good idea to try to steel your mindset to the roos being dinner. I know it's hard but nature would do much worse. They can't all survive, or else the natural ratio would be 9 females to 1 male. Clearly their social structures don't support even ratios.
And it's good you have someone capable of getting it done for you.

Back
Top Bottom