Too much HUMIDITY!!

brunks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 22, 2011
SW of Iowa City
I have to much humidity in the incubator!! I don't know how to get it lower, I pulled out the plugs and have never added any water!! What do I do, please help!! The humidity is 40% and it needs to 20-25%.

Brunks, are you running heating and air conditioning where incubator is located? Also 40% is not really extremely humid even for first days of the hatch. If you really want the incubator drier you could put a room dehydrator near it or turn either heater or airconditioner on that could serve as a dehydrator. Hope this was helpful and Happy Easter!

Is there are reason you want it at 20-25%? That is really low. I have never heard of anyone going below 30% humidity.

I'm new here and I was told 50-55%. I hope that's right because mine are on day three in the bator. I'm gonna need advice when I start candling so I will have to post pics for sure.

My incubator is at 67 percent and i cant get it lower. I am on day 4. Am i going to have problems with this humidity level? Today its at 80 and i havnt added water. Anyone know what to do?

Last edited:
Its inside. The humidity has gone back down to 70 now i havnt added water. Its been raining and humid here too. Any ideas on how to maintain correct humidity with this kind of weather?

Back
Top Bottom