Too pretty to put the chickens in!

NorthChicken

Songster
6 Years
Jul 9, 2013
Caribou, Maine (almost in Canada!)
My husband and I finished the coop (for the most part, still needs some linoleum on the coop floor). I have to say I am just in love with it! I told him it's too pretty to put the chickens in, they are just going to poop all over his masterpiece! Lol Still want to put a poop board in above the top roost. The windows got in the way of the roosts, so I couldn't stagger them as much as I wanted, so hopefully the poop board under the top one will save poop from landing on the chickens below! We got the loam in, graded it and seeded it so hopefully we will get some grass growing before the frost hits.

So after more time and money than I thought it would take, the coop is done!! My husband is happier than me, he wasn't fond of the chicken idea to start with!!

Thanks everyone!

Yup, we made this thing like fort knox, we have SO much wildlife around here: raccoons, skunks, fox, coyote, weasles, bear and the neighbors dog which I am praying stays on it's run. We also have a lot of eagles that fly over the river. I am a bit concerned about them since I plan to free range when I am home, but I'm hoping the chickens use the tree coverage (there is a little forest to the left of the coop). So I wanted every inch of open space covered in hardware cloth and the coop built very sturdy. :)

Well, I give you Coop of the month award"
1f3c6.png
it's beautiful, it's secure and I want it.

Something else I forgot to mention, that's a very beautiful backdrop for your coop. Do you live there overlooking that pretty lake?

Back
Top Bottom