IMG_7937.jpeg
    856.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7938.jpeg
    IMG_7938.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7939.jpeg
    IMG_7939.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 7
Mine are out in the coop from day 3.... They have a optional heat source (MHP in my case.) Does your coop have electricity? Does it have other chickens in it? My advice is same was above, optional heat source for maybe just one more week and safety away from adult chickens (do a planned integration, don't just toss them in.) They're looking so close, I could even go with maybe no heat, good job!!

I always keep a optional heat source in the coop. I have a grow out coop inside of my run so chicks are protected but outside.
Usally depending on temp i take it away at 8 weeks.

almost 6 wks old. Really ready to get them out of garage… 40s- 50s at night
I've had chicks younger than that go through nights below freezing. If your only concern is temperature then they are ready. I'd want the coop to give them a breeze-free area where the wind will not blow on them. I don't provide any extra heat at that age.

almost 6 wks old. Really ready to get them out of garage… 40s- 50s at night
Do they have a heat source in the garage?

That can make a difference when deciding to move them out to the coop. If they have heat in the garage, either give them heat in the coop, or take it away in the garage for several days before you move them out.

If they are in the garage with no heat, and have been fine that way for several days or a week, they are probably ready to move out without any added heat at those temperatures.

Do they have a heat source in the garage?

That can make a difference when deciding to move them out to the coop. If they have heat in the garage, either give them heat in the coop, or take it away in the garage for several days before you move them out.

If they are in the garage with no heat, and have been fine that way for several days or a week, they are probably ready to move out without any added heat at those temperatures.
This is what I’ll do.. remove the heat and give them a few nights. Thanks !!

Back
Top Bottom