Too young to display squatting behavior ?...

Alexis_8966

Songster
Jan 6, 2021
So I have this D’uccle and she’s almost 3 months old . But just noticed her squatting when I go to pick her up is that “normal”? It’s obviously way to early for any eggs from her...

Attachments

• AC6D5209-05E7-4EF8-A9BB-94782F1C3990.jpeg
    AC6D5209-05E7-4EF8-A9BB-94782F1C3990.jpeg
    528.4 KB · Views: 5
She is being submissive to you. I'm convinced mine think I am their rooster :D

They are so cute when they squat. Whenever they do it I give them lots of pets on their backs and tell them how pretty + good girls they are.
Yeah I mean it’s cute but does it also mean she’s maturing quicker that normal ? And I’m around them a lot so I wouldn’t be surprised if they thought I was the “rooster” 😅

There is a difference between the submissive maturing squat and just a duck down to prepare for being pet. My younger chickens would “brace for impact” when I come down to pet; it’s part instinct to react this way with anything coming in from above. A submissive squat will be full on wings out, vent stuck up in the air, assuming the position to be... well, mated with.

There is a difference between the submissive maturing squat and just a duck down to prepare for being pet. My younger chickens would “brace for impact” when I come down to pet; it’s part instinct to react this way with anything coming in from above. A submissive squat will be full on wings out, vent stuck up in the air, assuming the position to be... well, mated with.
Ohh okay didnt think of it like that , thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom